Prior to the competition, each candidate will be required to sign a "Consent to personal data processing " on a form provided by the organizers. The form is available here.
of the 5th International Subcarpathian
1. The Competition is organized by the Wojciech Kilar Music School Complex No. 2 in Rzeszów and the “All for Music” Association.
2. The Competition will take place on 14th to 16th March 2019, in the school auditorium at 15 Sobieskiego street in Rzeszów, Poland.
3. The purpose of the competition is to make Chopin’s music more popular, as well as:
• promote talents and provide them with an opportunity to present their skills on an international forum
• compare their performance levels, as well as share experience between their pedagogues
• establish new international contacts between piano students and their teachers
• make students more aware and interested in Chopin’s music, especially in the dances
4. The Competition is open to pianists of any nationality – students of public music schools of primary and secondary level as well as the ones learning individually. No students of music at college or university level are allowed.
5. The competition will be held in four age categories:
1st category – age up to 12 – participants born on March 14th, 2007 and younger,
2nd category – age up to 14 – participants born on March 14th, 2005 and younger,
3rd category – age up to 17 – participants born on March 14th, 2002 and younger,
4th category – age up to 21 – participants born on March 14th, 1998 and younger,
6. Competitors can apply for one category only. Competitors may apply for a superior age category. Competitors may apply for a superior age category, provided that the pieces required in that category are performed.
7. For all the groups, the competition has only one stage.
8. The participants are obliged to prepare performance of pieces chosen from the programme given by the organizers on the basis of an original edition of Fryderyk Chopin’s works.
9. All the pieces must be performed from memory.
10. The obligatory enrolment fee is 30 Euro (or 120 Polish zloty). It should be paid to the following bank account:
Stowarzyszenie Wszystko dla Muzyki
SWIFT code: BREXPLPWMBK
Account No: PL 28 1140 2004 0000 3102 7677 2432
with an inscription: "CHOPIN PIANO COMPETITION"
11. Each application should be submitted on the suitable APPLICATIOM FORM, completed in print. The application form will be accessible from our website www.pianocompetition.rzeszow.pl . It should be sent by traditional post or by e-mail to the following address:
Zespół Szkół Muzycznych nr 2 im. W. Kilara
ul. J. III Sobieskiego 15
35-002 Rzeszów, Poland.
A copy of the proof of the enrolment fee payment should be supplied together with the APPLICATION FORM.
12. The deadline for sending the application forms is 15th January 2019. If any applications are submitted after the deadline, the participants’ names will not be included in the programme.
13. The enrolment fee is not refundable.
14. The Jury will consist of renowned artists and pedagogues. The Chairman of the Jury will be Professor Andrzej Jasiński of the Academy of Music in Katowice (Poland).
15. The Jury’s decisions will be final.
16. The Jury will assess the performances according to the scale of 1 to 25 points.
17. The participant who receives a minimum of 21 points may become a laureate.
18. Only the Jury is entitled to decide about the awards and honours.
19. When the Competition prize-winners are announced, a meeting of the participants and the members of the Jury will be organized. The Jury Members will have an opportunity to share their thoughts about the Competition performances with the participants and give them individual consultations.
20. All the costs concerning the participation in the competition, e.g. travel, accommodation and meals, are to be covered by the participants themselves. The participants should book accommodation on their own.
21. The cost of the fee transfer is to be paid by the participants themselves.
22. The postmark date is essential, as far as the acceptance of the submission is concerned.
23. Each participant will receive the agenda of the hearings.
24. Attractive financial rewards will be provided for the winners of the first three prizes in each group.
25. Submission of the application form will mean acceptance of all the clauses contained in the Regulations of the Competition, without any possibility of appeal.
26. All the contest auditions, including the final concert, will be held in public and – if approved by the Organizing Committee – may be broadcasted by radio and television or recorded, filmed, photographed and distributed by authorized institutions with no gratification for the performers.
27. Winners are required to attend the gala concert at the end of the contest. The program of the final concert will be chosen by the Jury.
28. The order of the participants will be finalized when the list of submissions is closed. Particular information about the list of the candidates and the schedule of the auditions and rehearsals will be posted on the competition website, at www.pianocompetition.rzeszow.pl
The detailed information is available from the School Office:
Zespół Szkół Muzycznych nr 2 im. Wojciecha Kilara w Rzeszowie
e-mail: email@example.com (Telephone: +48 17 748 29 90 Fax: +48 17 748 29 96)
For information in English please call at +48 508 269 407